I need to organize my makeup, but don’t want to spend a lot of money. I found this idea on online and thought it would be a cheap and fun way to organize. Of course this would be perfect for a kids room too.
Stuff you will need
1. Empty and well cleaned food jars (doesn’t get better than free). As you can see, I had a pickle and peanut butter jar. Keep in mind what you want to organize and judge the size of jar you will need.
2. Animals/creatures of your choice. I love horses, and was able to find these at the dollar store. Make sure to choose an animal size that will fit nicely and securely on the lid.
3. Super Glue
4. Matte black spray paint. Feel use the color of your choice
5. Fine grit sand paper
1. Lightly sand all items that will get painted; lids and animals. Be careful not to over sand the plastic animals. I almost took off the baby horse’s ear.
1. Test the placement of the animals on the lid without glue first. Then put super glue on the bottom of the feet, place on lid and hold for 3o seconds. Let sit for 10 minutes.
1. Place lids on newspaper. Do several thin coats of paint. Make sure that each layer is dry before applying the next coat.